Google Maps ~
Cape Town - SA billionaire Dick Enthoven - co-owner of Nando's - has paid AUS$18m (about R184m) for a luxury waterfront home in Australia, Domain Group reported on Friday.
The 5-bedroom property is situated in Wunulla Road, Point Piper, a small, affluent harbour side suburb of Sydney.
Domain Group, a Fairfax Media business which describes itself as one of Australia’s leading multi-platform property industry destinations, describes the Point Piper property as a world-class architectural masterpiece.
The family home made for resort style living, boating enthusiasts and low maintenance indoor/outdoor entertaining all year round, comes complete with boat shed and ramp, jetty, pool, cinema, elevator access to all levels, alfresco terraces and full length balconies capturing stunning views from all 4 floors.
According to the property listing, the prestigiously located property on Australia's most prized peninsula, has all the bespoke luxury one expects in an extravagant home of this quality.
The list include:
- 5 oversize bedrooms (all with robes, 5th with wall-bed), 5 ensuite bathrooms
- State of the art electronics, abundant built-ins, Gaggenau/Miele gas appliances
- Commanding spectacular views of the Harbour revealed via wall to wall glass
- Flexible floorplan, grand proportions, creative artwork for harbourfront living
- Welcoming secure private formal entrance, private elevator to all levels
- Fully appointed home-cinema, surround sound, soaring ceilings
- Large open plan informal living/dining areas adjoin family size main kitchen
- Auto double garage (internal access) & additional off street parking, full security
- Sundrenched level garden, fully appointed boatshed, boat ramp and jetty
VIEW GALLERY: Inside SA billionaire's R184m Aussie pad
Enthoven also holds another property in Australia for which he paid $7m a few years ago. The property has five bedrooms, a cellar, games room, media room, study and a swimming pool and will go on auction early in December.
Enthoven apparently got to know the Nando's founders in the 1980s, and, thanks to a loan he made to them, they could expand the fast food chain in SA and later internationally. Today Nando's is one of the most popular fast food chains in the UK and the chain has more than 1 000 restaurants worldwide.
Enthoven's father, Robert, who is Dutch, started Hollard Insurance in 1980 and the Enthoven family retains the majority share. Hollard also has Australian insurance operations on which Enthoven has been focusing.
Furthermore, Enthoven is also the owner of the Spier Wine Estate outside Stellenbosch. The estate is known for its sustainable farming and hospitality projects.
SEE MORE ABOUT THE PROPERTY HERE:
* Add your voice to our Wealth & Investment Issue by writing a guest post, sharing a personal story or simply ask a question. We will get an expert to answer your wealth & investment question.