Johannesburg - UberEATS and KFC announced on Wednesday that customers in Johannesburg can enjoy KFC meals delivered to their home or work, for the first time, through the UberEATS app.
Nic Robertson, General Manager for UberEATS South Africa said: "KFC is one of the most loved brands in South Africa, and we are so excited that UberEATS can help bring eaters the KFC meals they’ve so desperately craved.”
From Wednesday in Johannesburg and shortly followed by Cape Town, to be announced, eaters can enjoy KFC from UberEATS, which has already partnered with restaurants across Johannesburg with an aim to include more restaurants and expand to Cape Town and additional areas soon.
Robertson added “Whether you are at home, your office or at the park, UberEATS has the Finger Lickin’ meal you’re craving ready to be delivered at the tap of a button.”
“At KFC, we are constantly looking for ways to innovate our products and services. Through our new exciting partnership with UberEATS, we are offering our customer’s easier access to our products, to accommodate their busy lifestyles” said, Mike Middleton, Chief Marketing Officer, KFC.
“Effortless and quick, this partnership will ensure your favourite KFC meal is in front of you in no time.”
KFC will be showcasing their most favourite items on the UberEATS app, from Streetwise 2 to Twisters, including their famous buckets and other signature meals.
To celebrate this partnership, Eaters ordering through the app for the first time can use the promo code KFCEATS, which gives new users 50% off (a value of up to R50 per order) each of their first 2 orders.
Orders can be placed between 7am and 10pm.
UberEats will start with KFC restaurants in the Johannesburg inner ring (Fourways, Randburg, Sandton and Bryanston) and will expand soon the Cape Town City Bowl.
Eaters that don’t see the KFC option straight away should not be alarmed, more stores will be added in the coming weeks.
How to download the UberEATS app and order KFC
Ordering through the app is an easy process and eaters simply need to follow the steps below:
1. Open UberEATS – Download the app by searching for “UberEATS” in the Apple or Android app store OR access UberEATS online by going to www.UberEATS.com
2. Sign in—you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS. New to Uber? Creating an account is easy.
3. Pick your delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
4. Find the perfect KFC meal - Browse or search for KFC to find exactly what your tastebuds are asking for
5. Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to arrive whenever is most convenient for you
6. Promo code - first time users can use the promo code, KFCEATS, which gives new users 50% off their first 2 orders (a value of up to R50 per order).
Read Fin24's top stories trending on Twitter: