Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Durban - The Samsung Note 7 exploding battery woes continue to grow as more reported incidents make the device one of the most controversial smartphones ever made.
Numerous incidents reported around the exploding batteries range from cars bursting into flames to house fires.
Samsung earlier stated that a “small battery fault” had been behind the incidents, amid a global recall of the device.
The tech giant said that 35 cases of faulty devices had been reported since September 1.
Note 7 blamed for vehicle fire
Last week Tuesday, numerous sources reported a vehicle found to be fully engulfed in flames in Florida, US. The unharmed driver stated that he had been charging his Note 7 device at the time the vehicle burst into flames.
Another vehicle catches alight after Note 7 left to charge
Earlier this month, in separate Florida incident a man left his Note 7 charging in his Jeep in his driveway in St. Petersberg. The man said he was unaware that Samsung had done a recall of the device.
Home engulfed in flames after Note 7 left to charge in Garage
In South Carolina in the US a man who plugged his Note 7 device on charge before leaving his home found it on flames when he returned. He said he had charged the device in his garage where the blaze had begun.
Recently airlines around the world banned the charging and usage of the Note 7 on board flights.
South African Airways (SAA) also joined in banned the charging of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones on board all its aircraft, amid the battery explosion reports.
READ: SAA bans charging of 'exploding' Samsung Note 7
Samsung South Africa put a stop all pre-orders of the Note 7 in the country, while the availability date, which had initially been set as September 23, has also been postponed until further notice.