Post Office appoints new acting CEO

2015-10-30 12:00 - Gareth van Zyl
Post a comment 0

The SA Post Office was put under administration in November last year after a protracted four-month illegal strike. Picture: Emile Hendricks/Foto24

RELATED ARTICLES

Johannesburg - The South African Post Office (Sapo) has appointed a new acting group chief executive officer after Mlu Mathonsi stepped down for “personal reasons” earlier this month.

Sapo said in a statement that its board, together with the Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services Dr Siyabonga Cwele, has appointed Trevor Ndlazi as acting group CEO for the next three months.

Sapo further said that the search for a permanent group CEO is underway.

The Post Office has suffered instability at the top amid a struggling financial situation in which it has struggled to pay full salaries this month.

Sapo’s board also resigned in November 2014 after a months-long crippling strike. The state-owned company at the time was further put under administration by government.

Subsequently, government instituted a turnaround process at Sapo in a bid to salvage the company.

“The stabilisation of leadership at the SA Post Office, as driven by the Board of Directors and the Minister, is progressing well. The ultimate business goal is to put in place a strong leadership team which will drive the business transformation within the organisation,” said Dr Lushaba, chairperson of the Board of the SA Post Office, in a statement.

The Post Office’s turnaround process has still come with its risks as the Communication Workers Union (CWU) held a Johannesburg march against the struggling parastatal on Thursday.


Read more about: post office  |  sapo  |  strike  |  cwu