Investments Expert - Muhsin Jeena


Posted by: Shirley Laurence | 2013/07/24 13:50

Do I need SARS permission?

If I get out of the SA stock market - do I need SARS permission to invest abroad?

expert answer

Posted by: Muhsin Jeena | 2013/07/25 14:26

Yes and No. If you invest in a rand denominated fund (e.g. Element Global Equity Fund) then you would not need to obtain SARB approval because you would be using their Unit Trust (Mancos) foreign capacity.

However, if you invested in a dollar denominated fund then you would need to obtain SARB approval.

The Element Global Equity Fund has performed exceptionally well, earning its investors a return of 46.7% over the past 12 months. For more info please visit



Disclaimer: Fin24 cannot be held liable for any investment decisions made based on the advice given by independent financial service providers, and disclaims all responsibility or liability for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of this site.

comment on this story

Read the comments policy
Your comment has been posted and will appear shortly.
Please fill in the required fields.