Investec Property Fund invests billions in European logistics properties | Fin24
In partnership with
  • Load Shedding Schedules

    Find information for Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town and other cities.

  • Govt Pension Fund

    The fund says it would be wrong to dismiss R250bn Eskom bailout proposal without all the facts.

  • Sovereign Wealth Fund

    Questions around the fund's scope & mandate remain unanswered, writes Dr. Malan Rietveld.


Investec Property Fund invests billions in European logistics properties

Feb 11 2020 15:26

Investec Property Fund is increasing its stake in a group of European logistics properties in a multi-billion rand transaction.

Recently, the fund announced that it will sell its stakes in the Musina Mall in Limpopo and the Boitekong Mall in Rustenburg, for R727m  - which it wanted to invest in Europe.

The new transaction will see Investec Property Fund increase its holding in the Pan European Logistics (PEL) platform from 42.9% to 75%. Investec will introduce a new strategic equity partner for the remaining 25% of the platform as part of a €277 million (R4.5 billion) deal.

PEL owns 45 logistics properties, spanning 1 million square meters across six European countries, and the deal values the group at R15 billion.

Investec is buying the stake from the property group Ares. The proposed transaction is expected to be closed on 14 February 2020.

 “The proposed acquisition aligns with IPF’s stated intent to navigate the South African portfolio through the current domestic economic slowdown, while deploying capital into its offshore portfolios that are capturing growth stemming from positive underlying property fundamentals,” Investec Property Fund said in a statement.

The transaction is set to take IPF’s offshore exposure to just below 30%.

Darryl Mayers, joint CEO of Investec Property Fund said: “Despite this recent growth, the European logistics market remains less advanced than that of the UK, Asia and USA but is expected to grow strongly at an average in excess of 11% per annum for the next five years.”




Company Snapshot

Voting Booth

How concerned are you about ransomware attacks?

Previous results · Suggest a vote