Curro's STADIO heading to JSE | Fin24
  • Credit Rating

    'I think Moody's will be happy' - President Ramaphosa says plan to deal with Eskom's debt is imminent.

  • 'No Basis in Fact'

    The PIC commission has slammed Iqbal Survé’s claims about Minister Pravin Gordhan.

  • Fin24’s newsletter

    Sign up to receive Fin24's top news in your inbox every morning.


Curro's STADIO heading to JSE

Sep 15 2017 18:13

Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi visits the Curro Private School in Pretoria in February. A group of parents lodged a complaint claiming that there was racial segregation at the school. Picture: Gallo

Related Articles

Curro results reflect lucrative opportunities in private education

PSG on the prowl for opportunities

Curro goes on winter buying spree ahead of Stadio unbundling

Curro buys Africa’s number one film school

PSG: Building businesses from the bottom up

Curro to cash in on tertiary fees crisis


Cape Town - Curro announced on Friday that the board of has resolved to unbundle 410 561 153 ordinary shares in STADIO to Curro shareholders.

The JSE has granted STADIO a listing by way of introduction of all its issued ordinary shares on the main board of the JSE with effect from the commencement of trade on Tuesday, 3 October 2017. STADIO will be listed in the “Specialised Consumer Services” sector of the main board.

The ration will be one STADIO share for every one ordinary share in the share capital of Curro held on the record date of the unbundling, comprising 91.7% of the issued share capital of STADIO which was acquired by STADIO prior to the date of this announcement. The remaining 8.3% of the issued share capital of STADIO is held by the vendors of the South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (AFDA)

Curro Holdings is currently the largest for-profit independent school group in Africa, providing education services to approximately 47 000 learners in 127 schools across South Africa and Namibia.

Curro has provided pre-school and school-based education since 1998 and was listed on the JSE in 2011.

In 2013, Curro acquired the Embury Institute for Higher Education, a registered private higher education institution, which offers accredited undergraduate teacher-education qualifications.
The acquisition of Embury was Curro’s first investment in the post-school education environment.

In a Sens statement Curro said that, in light of the opportunities presented in the post-school education market, it was a natural progression for Curro to develop and further expand its higher education offering.

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE UPDATE: Get Fin24's top morning business news and opinions in your inbox.

Read Fin24's top stories trending on Twitter:

curro holdings  |  education


Company Snapshot


Struggling power utility Eskom will take centre stage at this year's mini budget

Money Clinic

Money Clinic
Do you have a question about your finances? We'll get an expert opinion.
Click here...

Voting Booth

What do you think about private healthcare in SA?

Previous results · Suggest a vote