Savings Expert


Posted by: sakkie allers | 2016/09/27 06:36

i would like to save money towards buying a house. i want to start off by a deposit of 150k en then deposit fair amounts monthly onwards. what rype of saving is the best? how do i avoid paying tax

On my hard earned cash?

expert answer

Posted by: Gerald Mwandiambira | 2016/11/01 14:44
Hello, Tax avoidance is a legal way of reducing ones tax liability using available measures such as rebates, exclusions and allowances. In order to have a tax efficient financial plan, you will need to consult with a Certified Financial Planning professional or Tax Practiotioner. Because of the short term nature of your saving for a home deposit, there are limited savings vehicles. There are some good 30 Day notice accounts with higher than inflation interest rates on the market. I suggest you shop around. I however prefer to give such advice when understanding you hollistic financial position by doing a full needs analysis. Contact me on 

Disclaimer: Fin24 cannot be held liable for any investment decisions made based on the advice given by independent financial service providers, and disclaims all responsibility or liability for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of this site.

user comments

Posted by: Papatunde | 2017/01/09 10:56
I would like to invest 50k for 3 months. I have been shopping around and I noticed that some banks quote their interest annually, which won't do me much good. Others like Standard Bank have fixed deposit accounts with interest quoted monthly - this sounds good but will I get taxed? Please advise.
Reply to Papatunde

comment on this story

1 comment
Read the comments policy
Your comment has been posted and will appear shortly.
Please fill in the required fields.