• Road to riches

    Taxpayers keep funding structures with big plans but who knows what efficacy, says Mandi Smallhorne.

  • Don't fall for Ponzi scams

    An expert unpacks the tell-tale signs to watch out for.

  • Inside Labour

    A smokescreen of misleading rhetoric won't make SA's problems go away, says Terry Bell.

See More

SA tax after emigrating to Australia

Mar 06 2015 16:40

A Fin24 user plans to live in Australia permanently and is not sure about the tax implications regarding his salary from an SA company.


Small business corporation tax explained

Feb 23 2015 11:59

A Fin24 user with shares in two businesses, needs clarity on the application of small business corporation tax.


How to work out CGT on a Satrix investment

Feb 18 2015 13:43

A Fin24 user wants to know how the capital gains tax on his R100 000 Satrix investment works.


Mom doing family taxes causes Sars 'block'

Feb 16 2015 16:53

A Fin24 user's mother does the whole family's tax returns for free, yet Sars now "blocks" her as it sees her as a tax practitioner.


Capital gains tax on a rental property

Feb 11 2015 16:52

A Fin24 user wants to know how much capital gains tax - if any - he will have to pay when selling his buy-to-let property.


Employer's provident fund contribution 'missing'

Feb 10 2015 13:35

A Fin24 user and his employer were supposed to contribute to his provident fund, but now the latter's contributions seem to be missing.


Can directorship affect my SBC tax status?

Feb 13 2015 16:56

A Fin24 user wants to know the tax implication for his own business when he is also appointed as director of an NPO.


Dividend earnings and provisional tax

Feb 02 2015 10:51

A Fin24 user who is returning to South Africa after a long stint of working abroad is worried about tax on dividend earnings. He writes:


Tax free status and working abroad

Jan 28 2015 11:36

A Fin24 user who is working abroad through a British agency wants to know if he can claim tax free status in South Africa.


Tax on provident fund payout

Jan 23 2015 12:31

A Fin24 user wants to know how much tax he can expect to pay his provident fund payout when retires.

Inside Fin24.com


Tax on the sale of a business

Jan 15 2015 18:17

A Fin24 user wants to know if there is tax on the proceeds of the sale of a business.


Tax on provident fund payout

Jan 14 2015 12:08

A Fin24 user wants to know how much tax he can expect to pay on a payout from his provident fund when he retires.

We're talking about:


Johannesburg has been selected to host the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in 2017. "[The congress] will ensure that small business development remains firmly on the national agenda and the radar screen of all stakeholders, the Small Business Development minister said.

Money Clinic

Money Clinic
Do you have a question about your finances? We'll get an expert opinion.
Click here...

Voting Booth

People who fall victim to Ponzi scams are:

Previous results · Suggest a vote