Product Terms and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: These product or service specific terms and conditions must always be read together with our general terms and conditions, any use or privacy policies, and any other information contained on our legal notices page which will all always apply to your use of this product or service.
Unless the context clearly indicates to the contrary, the following words bear the meanings ascribed thereto:
“Dashboard Service”means the FIN24 investment portfolio and trading platform which includes a free and a premium product as selected by you on your Application Form as well as access to Trading Services;
“Free Dashboard”means the free version of the Dashboard Service which allows you to utilise the functionality set out on our Website;
“Investment Profile Tool”means a tool to help you decide which type of investment profile you want to choose;
“Premium Dashboard”means the paid for Dashboard Service which allows you to utilise the functionality and services set out at on our Website;
“Service Charge”means the monthly subscription fee paid by you to us in consideration for Premium Dashboard as recorded on the Application Form; and
“Trading Services”means the third party trading services offered by our third party service providers by means of a referral link on our Dashboard Service.
By using or subscribing to the Dashboard Service you agree that you have read, understand and are bound by the General Terms and Conditions and other notices under “General” on our legal webpage and the terms that apply specifically to the Dashboard Service, set out in these terms and on the Website and any other terms that may apply (collectively “the Terms”).
Your use of the Dashboard Service indicates your acceptance without modification by you of the Terms, which will constitute a legal agreement between you and FIN24. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not use or subscribe to the Dashboard Service.
Unless the context clearly indicates the contrary, any term defined in the General Terms and Conditions when used herein, shall bear the same meaning as defined in the General Terms and Conditions.
There are 3 portfolios that you can choose to use as set out below:
1. Leaderboard Portfolio
- This is a virtual portfolio that simulates real trading conditions, using real life ruling prices, real life conditions, but not real life money.
- You can also track and graph your progress and pit your skills against other Fin24 users on the Leaderboard.
2. Freestyle Portfolio
- This is a virtual portfolio that allows you to play the stock market without having to worry about rules. You can add, edit and change your holdings at will.
- You can’t compete on the Leaderboard.
3. Trading Portfolio (currently unavailable but launching soon)
- This is a real investment portfolio where you can invest in real shares on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) at affordable brokerage costs when you trade.
- To get started you must register for a Trading Services account with our third party service provider.
The Description of the Dashboard Service
The Free Dashboard and Premium Dashboard allows you to:
- Maintain virtual portfolios of JSE-listed shares that mimic real trading conditions;
- Track the progress of your portfolios with important-sounding metrics and easy-to-understand graphs;
- See how your investing skills stack up against other FIN24 users;
- Follow the trading activities of other FIN24 users; Get news and data customised to the shares you’re interested in; and
- When the Trading Portfolio is launched you will be able to put your finely honed skills to work in the real world: apply for a trading account.
The Premium Dashboard allows you to:
- Access valuation tools to compare companies. You decide and select companies which are best suited for your portfolio and investment objectives;
- Screen the market to find the shares that meet your criteria;
- Get a deeper view of other FIN24 users’ portfolios, which includes the specific shares they’re holding and the weighting of each share in their portfolio.
Registration and Terms and Conditions
Registration occurs online.
You will be required to fill in your details on a prescribed form.
Once your details have been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm the accuracy of your registration details.
You will need to click on a confirmation link in the email to activate the Dashboard Service.
The Trading Services refer you to certain third party service providers. You will be required to accept and adhere to the particular third party service provider’s terms and conditions in order to utilise these services. Please note that you will be contracting directly with the third party service provider in these instances and FIN24 will have no control or responsibility over the services or your subscription. In particular, FIN24 will ntop be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of using any third party services.
You are required to have a computer with the following minimum requirements or settings. Your computer must:
- Internet browsers - Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 5 or higher, Google Chrome.
- Internet connectivity- Optimal experience will be with a 3G or ADSL connection.
- Software applications- MS Excel 2003 or later versions for exporting data.
- Display functionality- Optimal display will be with a screen set to 1024 x 768 or higher.
We recommend that Java script and cookies are enabled on your computer or internet browser settings
No Service Fees are payable for the Dashboard Free service;
Service Fees as set out on the Application Form will be payable for the Dashboard Premium service in terms of the General Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Content and Investment Profile Tool
By using this service, you understand:
- Service Fees as set out on the Application Form will be payable for the Dashboard Premium service in terms of the General Terms and Conditions.
- that you are using the service entirely at your own risk,
- that FIN24’s Dashboard Services provide a platform for accessing investment and trading tools and access to third party investment brokering or advice (“Third Party Content”);
- that FIN24 does not endorse the Third Party Content,
- that any Third Party Content is not intended to be given as professional investment or trading advice and that you accept that there is an obligation on you to seek professional investment or trading advice from an authorised service provider before taking any action based on any Third Party Content,
- that FIN24 neither makes any representations nor gives any warranties about the suitability, reliability and accuracy of the Third Party Content,
- that FIN24 and the any person providing information disclaim responsibility for any damage or loss of whatsoever nature that you may suffer as a result of your use of any Third Party Content in your use of this service,
- that FIN24 is not responsible for the content of communications between you and any person,
- that FIN24 does not warrant the truth or accuracy of the Third Party Content and
- that FIN24 does not control, warrant or guarantee the quality, truth or accuracy of the communications between you and any person providing advice or information.
- Other than providing a framework in which experts and users interact with one another, FIN24 does not review or verify the Third Party Content. You expressly agree that the use of the service is at your sole risk and that our website and services are provided on an "as is" basis.
- FIN24 provides you with an Investment Profile Tool which is a free tool to enable you to determine what your investment profile is in order to assist you with making investment choices. Please note that this is not a prescriptive tool and is for guidance only. This cannot and must not be relied on to determine which investment risk profile you wish to choose. The Investment Profile Tool is not a substitute for independent professional advice. Please make sure you seek professional advice before selecting an investment profile.