Johannesburg - The National Union of Metalworkers of SA (Numsa) will consult its members on a revised wage offer from employers in the vehicle sector, the union said on Friday.
"The revised offer is being presented to our members today [Friday] through general meetings across all major plants in Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and East London," Numsa spokesperson Castro Ngobese said.
"The union is not at liberty to publicly disclose the settlement offer until all our striking members have interacted with the offer."
The union said it met the Automobile Manufacturers Employers Organisation on Thursday. The proposed settlement offer was tabled at the meeting.
Numsa said the strike was not suspended because the union was waiting to see whether the offer was accepted.
About 31 000 Numsa-aligned workers downed tools on Monday after pay talks deadlocked last month.
The workers demanded a 14% across-the-board wage increase. They also wanted a R750 monthly housing subsidy and R125 weekly transport allowance.
Ngobese said scheduled marches in Gauteng and Eastern Cape for next week would still go ahead as planned.
"More details on the marches will be communicated over the weekend," he said.
Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.