Johannesburg - Numsa will decide on whether the week-long strike in the automotive industry will be called off during a meeting in Johannesburg on Monday, the union said.
The National Union of Metal Workers of SA (Numsa) said it would only give a "clear indication" of whether their members would accept the latest wage offer after they consulted with all members in the motor industry.
"There was a revised offer that was made on Friday, and we have had to consult with the workers if it was enough to call off the strike," Numsa spokesperson Castro Ngobese said.
"The final word on calling off the strike will be discussed today [Monday]... but there will be clarity on whether we will call it off soon."
The revision came after motor industry employers doubled a wage offer to striking workers, offering a 10% pay increase.
"They have tabled a new offer of 10%," the union's national treasurer Mphumzi Maqungo told AFP at the weekend.
He said General Motors workers were "happy with the new wage percentage increase, but they still have other demands".
At Ford Motors SA's Struandale plant in Port Elizabeth workers also accepted the offer, but said they would discuss other demands on Monday.
Elsewhere in the country, Maqungo said workers at Nissan Diesel and at Mercedes Benz had so far accepted the new offer.
About 30 000 workers from seven vehicle manufacturing plants downed tools last week, demanding a 14% wage increase.
Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.