Johannesburg - Gautrain bus drivers on Tuesday rejected an
agreement brokered by the Gauteng legislature to get them back to work.
The workers' opposition came at the start of a meeting that
was meant to be a signing ceremony for the agreement.
"We're a bit frustrated, not with the workers, but with
the leadership (of the bus drivers)," said Jacob Khawe, chairperson of the
legislature's community safety committee.
Khawe said the leaders of the bus drivers had agreed to the
deal, which would reinstate 150 of 182 workers fired last year after an illegal
strike. However, the leaders did not get consent from the drivers.
One of the leaders of the drivers, Patrick Sibiya, said they
were not satisfied with the agreement.
They had however not notified the Gauteng legislature of
Fin24 on Facebook,
Twitter and Google+.