Johannesburg - The strike in the automotive industry will continue, the National Union of Metalworkers (Numsa) said on Monday.
"The strike is still going ahead until we have received a new mandate from our striking workers," Numsa spokesperson Castro Ngobese said in a statement.
A final decision on the matter would probably be announced on Wednesday after a meeting of the union's national executive council.
The council would gather after a special meeting of shop stewards, where the employers' latest 10% pay rise offer would be discussed.
"The national office-bearers of the union will be convening a special auto national shop stewards council tomorrow [Tuesday]... to consolidate a way forward based on the various mandates that have been received from members across all the auto plants."
Ngobese dismissed reports that the strike action had already ended.
"We refute any insinuations that suggest that we have accepted any offer... such insinuations are poisonous and malicious."
Earlier in the day, Numsa said it would only give a "clear indication" of whether or not their members would accept the latest wage offer after all members in the motor industry were consulted.
"There was a revised offer that was made on Friday, and we have had to consult with the workers if this was enough to call off the strike."
Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.