ANC's Block appears in court

2011-03-18 15:39

Kimberley - ANC Northern Cape leader John Block appeared in the Kimberley Magistrate’s Court on Friday in connection with alleged tender fraud estimated at R112m.

National Prosecuting Authority spokesman advocate Mthunzi Mhaga said the matter was postponed to June 10 in the Kimberley Regional Court.

Block’s co-accused in the matter, businessman Gaston Savoi, also appeared in court.

Mhaga said all the accused in the matter would be served with the indictment at the next court appearance, while a date for the trial in the High Court would also be known.

“The accused would also receive a copy of the investigation docket as the investigations are finished.”
Mhaga said racketeering charges were also added to the docket on Friday.

Block and Savoi previously received conditional bail of R100 000 each.

The allegations against them relate to government departments purchasing water purification equipment at inflated prices in 2005 and 2006.

  • Hein_mar - 2011-04-02 10:20

    Well done ANC yet again one step closer to the rest of our corupted Africa as you strive to fill your pockets like your brothers in Libiya and Egypt.

  • pages:
  • 1