Sanral considering releasing documents
The SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) board said on Thursday it was still going through e-toll documents which were given to Cosatu with some pages blacked-out.
"We will consider the documents that Sanral provided voluntarily to Cosatu," the board said in a statement.
This was after Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele instructed the board to make available all information about the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project.
Ndebele's instruction came after Sanral CEO Nazir Alli handed censored documents to Congress of SA Trade Unions general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi during a discussion on e.tv on Tuesday morning.
The board said on Thursday its examination would include studying the unedited version of the documents. It would report back on the matter as soon as this had been completed.
Cosatu is opposing the e-tolling system that is scheduled to come into effect in Gauteng on April 30.