• To do list

    Keep separate lists to ensure your to-dos don't get cluttered and make for stress-free productivity, Ian Mann.

  • Clueless leaders

    Zim's leaders are clueless about managing the economy or leading the nation, says Malcom Sharara.

  • Govt is out of touch

    Journalists seems to know more than those paid to govern us, says Mandi Smallhorne.

All data is delayed
Loading...
See More

Acsa to run Brazil's busiest airport

Feb 08 2012 17:51
James-Brent Styan
Cape Town - Airports Company South Africa (Acsa) is expanding its global reach.

This week, a consortium it is a part of won a bid for the expansion, maintenance and operation of Brazil’s busiest international airport, Guarulhos in Sao Paolo.

Acsa already operates the Mumbai Airport in India in a similar joint venture.

Acsa, in partnership with Invepar, will now own 51% of the Guarulhos International Airport concession, with another company, Infraero owning the remaining 49%.

Acsa will provide airport management through a technical service agreement.
 
“In addition, to the investment return on capital contributions, Acsa will be paid airport management fees. The next step is for the consortium partners to finalise the signing of the concession and other related agreements by May 2012. The concession is for a 20 year period,” said Bongani Maseko, Acsa’s Acting Managing Director.

Acsa is under pressure to perform better financially, having reported a loss of R220m in the financial year to end March 2011.The company is also under fire for massive increases in its airport charges.

Acsa insists the current venture will be ring-fenced and will not affect local airport charges.

The contract is part of a $14.2bn revamp of Brazil's major airports awared by the government ahead of the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, the Pope’s visit for the World Youth Day in 2013, 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics.
 
Maseko added: “This is a great opportunity for Acsa as we realise that in order to grow the Acsa business, Acsa has to look beyond South African borders, in particular we focusing on emerging markets India, Brazil and Africa.”

He said the latest step enforces Acsa’s brand and better positions it in the market place as a serious participant in global airport investment and management.
acsa

 
 
 

Read Fin24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
2 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
 

Company Snapshot

We're talking about:

THE DEBT ISSUE

Debt is one of the biggest financial issues facing South Africans today. Find out how you can avoid and manage your debt with Fin24 and Debt Rescue.
 

Money Clinic

Money Clinic
Do you have a question about your finances? We'll get an expert opinion.
Click here...

Voting Booth

Labour’s call for a cap on salary of high earners is?

Previous results · Suggest a vote

Loading...