Johannesburg - Talks between unions and platinum miner Lonmin [JSE:LON]
continued into Monday afternoon, the National Union of Mineworkers (Num) said.
"The talks are still ongoing. There has been no resolution as yet," Num spokesperson Lesiba Seshoka said after 15:00.
In a statement, Lonmin said it was trying to find common ground.
"The objective of these meetings is to achieve cessation of the violence and a return to work in a safe and secure environment."
Police opened fire during a strike at Lonmin's Marikana mine on August 16, leaving 34 workers dead and 78 wounded.
Workers had been on strike for nearly two weeks, demanding their salaries be increased to R12 500 a month.
On Monday afternoon, some protesters gathered at the Nkaneng informal settlement in Wonderkop, outside Rustenburg.
They sang liberation songs and were moving in circles, awaiting the outcome of the meeting between Lonmin management and their representatives.
"If the outcome is good the night shift might start this evening," one of the workers, Kgaogelo Kgaogelo, said.
Police officers kept watch from a distance.
Earlier in the day, Lonmin said there were reports of intimidation against bus drivers overnight, and a separate case of intimidation at its eastern shaft on Monday morning. Workers were prevented from returning to work, the company said.
Seshoka, however, said those threatened on Monday, a group of about 30, were workers who had not returned to their jobs.
Comment from the Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union could not be immediately obtained.
Fin24 on Facebook,
Twitter and Google+.