• 10 tips to find bargains

    Susan Erasmus gives advice on how bargain hunters can get the most bang for their buck.

  • Inside Labour

    Labour's bitter breaches need to be seen in historical context, says Terry Bell.

  • Rich getting richer

    Economists differ on how to tackle the chasm between rich and poor, says Leopold Scholtz.

Loading...
See More

Implats to sell 51% stake to Zim locals

Jan 11 2013 08:29 Reuters

Company Data

IMPALA PLATINUM HOLDINGS LIMITED [JSE:IMP]

Last traded 63
Change 2
% Change 3
Cumulative volume 4880963
Market cap 0

Last Updated: 24-04-2015 at 05:00. Prices are delayed by 15 minutes. Source: McGregor BFA

Related Articles

Zim's indigenisation progress hailed

Zimplats profit tumbles on weak prices

Zimbabwe lifts Zimplats banking freeze

Zimplats fined for banking offshore

Zimplats profit soars on platinum prices

Zimplats faces huge tax bill

 

Johannesburg - Impala Platinum Holdings [JSE:IMP], the world's second largest platinum mining company, said on Friday it will sell a majority stake in its Zimbabwe unit to local black investors for $971m to meet the government's drive for black ownership of firms. 

Impala said in a statement its Zimplats unit will sell a 51% stake to local black investors, with Zimplats keeping the remaining 49%. 

Zimplats, which is 87% owned by South Africa's Impala, will finance the deal at an annual interest rate of 10%.

Management of Zimplats will remain with the company, Impala said. 

Zimplats said in March it had agreed with Zimbabwe's government to sell the stake to locals. It had since been in talks to work out terms of the deal. 

Under the controversial ownership law being championed by President Robert Mugabe, foreign firms operating in Zimbabwe must sell a majority stake to local black investors.

Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.

 
 
 

Read Fin24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
9 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Company Snapshot

Brought to you by BizNews

More from BizNews

We're talking about:

SMALL BUSINESS

Johannesburg has been selected to host the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in 2017. "[The congress] will ensure that small business development remains firmly on the national agenda and the radar screen of all stakeholders, the Small Business Development minister said.
 
 

Top 10 richest musicians of all time

Check out the gallery to find out who they are!

 
 

Luxury living

Seven of the most expensive children's toys ever made
5 millionaires turned murderers
The youngest billionaires in the world and how they made it
Watch: Flying first class has never been this luxurious!

Money Clinic

Money Clinic
Do you have a question about your finances? We'll get an expert opinion.
Click here...

Voting Booth

How do you see your boss? He/sheis:

Previous results · Suggest a vote

Loading...