• SA cities need foreigners

    We need to protect our cities' cosmopolitan nature, says Mzwandile Jacks.

  • Am I a racist?

    Does hating government's arrogance, nepotism and greed make me a bigot, asks Anton Ressel.

  • Recipe for disaster

    Malema's flames of frustration are fuelling white extremism, says Leopold Scholtz.

Loading...
See More

Vodacom explores Congo venture options

Dec 22 2010 14:04 Fin24 & I-Net Bridge

Company Data

MTN GROUP LIMITED [JSE:MTN]

Last traded 228
Change -2
% Change -1
Cumulative volume 3636970
Market cap 0

Last Updated: 17-04-2015 at 05:00. Prices are delayed by 15 minutes. Source: McGregor BFA

VODACOM GROUP LIMITED [JSE:VOD]

Last traded 143
Change 1
% Change 1
Cumulative volume 974570
Market cap 0

Last Updated: 17-04-2015 at 05:10. Prices are delayed by 15 minutes. Source: McGregor BFA

Related Articles

Vodacom gets competitor in Moz

Vodacom eyes big turnaround

Vodacom cleared in Gogga case

Vodacom's silver lining

Vodacom halts SMS in Mozambique

Vodacom launches odd-lot offers

 

Johannesburg - Vodacom International said on Wednesday it had agreed with Congolese Wireless Network (CWN) to appoint NM Rothschild & Sons to explore options for their Vodacom Congo business.

No other details were given.

Vodacom holds 51% of Vodacom Congo SPRL and CWN is the holder of the other 49%. Vodacom International is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Vodacom Group [JSE:VOD] .

The move caps a long-running dispute between the two.

Earlier this year, Vodacom and CWN went to arbitration in Brussels after they failed to resolve their argument over the future of Vodacom Congo.

They had disagreed on a $484m capital injection and the possible liquidation of the venture.

The quarrel cast a shadow over Vodacom's African expansion, while its rival MTN Group [JSE:MTN] has made great strides on the rest of the continent.

mtn group  |  vodacom

NEXT ON FIN24X

 
 
 

Read Fin24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Company Snapshot

Brought to you by BizNews

More from BizNews

We're talking about:

SMALL BUSINESS

Johannesburg has been selected to host the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in 2017. "[The congress] will ensure that small business development remains firmly on the national agenda and the radar screen of all stakeholders, the Small Business Development minister said.
 
 

Must see! The most luxurious dog house!

This dog house comes with a treadmill and hot tub, you have to see it!

 
 

Luxury living

WIN!
Ridiculous demands people with too much money make
8 of the priciest places to dock your yacht
Habits of the world’s richest people

Money Clinic

Money Clinic
Do you have a question about your finances? We'll get an expert opinion.
Click here...

Voting Booth

Government’s call for the private sector to add power to the grid is:

Previous results · Suggest a vote

Loading...