Cape Town - Samsung's new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 was
unveiled in Johannesburg last night and is set to hit local stores as early as
The Galaxy Note 10.1, which is set to rival Apple's popular
iPad, features a quad-core processor, a 10.1 inch display, and runs the
Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, Gadget reported.
The tablet carries over several features first introduced
with the Galaxy S III smartphone.
Other key features include:
- The multiscreen feature, which allows users to operate two
different apps side-by-side, simultaneously, on the same screen
- An advanced S Pen with increased levels of sensitivity
- Preloaded Adobe Photoshop Touch
- Samsung Smart Remote, which transforms the device into a
universal remote that can control an entire home entertainment system
- Polaris Office which allows robust word processing,
spreadsheet and presentation capabilities
The Galaxy Note 10.1 will go on sale at all Samsung branded
stores at the beginning of October and will retail for R8 499.
*Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook,
Google+ and Pinterest.