Cape Town - Standard Bank Group [JSE:SBK]
has scooped eight awards at Global Finance magazine's awards ceremony for Global Finance Transaction Processing at the annual Sibos conference in Osaka, Japan for members of the SWIFT community.
Finance is a prestigious magazine with readers in 163 countries, among them captains of industry and senior financial officers at
multinational companies and financial institutions.
Measured against specific criteria such as volume, market share and
customer service, Standard Bank was chosen by the Global Finance in-house
editorial team, with input from expert sources.
Standard Bank’s awards span four categories, including foreign exchange, trade finance, treasury and cash management and sub-custodian banks.
Neil Surgey, head of transactional products and services at Standard Bank, said: “We are pleased to receive these accolades from
Global Finance, which highlight the importance of our in-depth knowledge
of conducting business in Africa and the benefits of our on-the-ground
presence in key markets.”
The awards won include:World’s Best Foreign Exchange Providers 2012
• Best FX Provider in Africa
• Country awards for Best FX Provider in Nigeria (Stanbic IBTC) and South AfricaWorld’s Best Trade Finance Banks 2012
• Best Trade Finance Bank in Africa
• Country award for Best Trade Finance Bank in South AfricaWorld’s Best Treasury and Cash Management Providers 2012
• Best Overall Bank for Cash Management in Africa
• Best Provider of Money Market Funds in Africa
• Best Bank for Payments & Collections in AfricaWorld’s Best Sub-Custodian Banks 2012
• Best Sub-Custodian in Nigeria (Stanbic IBTC)
Follow Fin24 on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.